We're reaching out to let you know about the Reconnect Study, a research study we're conducting in our office for women with decreased sexual desire. This is a common condition, and if it's something you experience, we hope you'll consider taking part. The Reconnect Study is evaluating a "take as needed" investigational medication taken just before sexual activity.
Although many treatments for decreased sexual desire have been evaluated through clinical research, none have been approved for this condition. Participation in this study could lead to a new treatment and increased understanding about Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.
The core study will last for approximately 32 weeks, and will require at least nine visits to the research site, and at least eight telephone conversations with the study staff between visits. If you complete the core study and want to continue and are eligible, you participate in the extension phase of the study. The extension phase will last for approximately 52 weeks, with at least eight visits to the research site, and at least eight telephone conversations with the study staff between visits.
To qualify, you must be:
You may qualify for this study if you:
- Have experienced a decrease in your sexual desire over time
- Feel distressed about this decreased sexual desire
- Have been in a committed relationship for at least six months
- Have not yet gone through menopause
- Are not currently taking antidepressants or mood stabilizers
- Are not currently experiencing depression or other psychological conditions.
- Have not had a hysterectomy with bilateral oophorectomy
Eligible study participants:
- May be reimbursed for time and travel
- Will receive all study-related medical care at no cost
- Will be seen by a study doctor
- Will receive investigational study medication or placebo at no cost
- Are not required to have insurance to participate
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please call 541-973-2080 or email us.