Individuals with B.E.D. may eat when they are not hungry, eat to the point of being uncomfortably full, eat alone in secret, and may feel embarrassment and guilt after eating an excessive amount of food in a set period of time. They feel as if they have no control over their binge eating.
A medical research study of an investigational medication in adults with BED is currently enrolling. The purpose of the medical research study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational medication when it is taken daily during the study.
You may qualify for this study if:
- Are 18 to 55 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with or meet the criteria for a diagnosis of B.E.D.
- Have at least 2 binge eating days a week for at least 6 months prior to screening for this study
Eligible study participants:
- Will receive study related tests at no costs
- Will receive investigational medication or placebo at no cost
- May be reimbursed for travel and related expenses for completed study visits
- Are not required to have insurance to participate
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please call 541-973-2080 or email us.