This is a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study comparing different doses of the investigational study drug bryostatin 1 via infusion for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
To pre-qualify for this study, you must:
- Be 55-85 years of age
- Have a cognitive deficit present for at least 2 years that meet the diagnostic criteria for probable Alzheimer's Disease
- Have a reliable caregiver(s) or informant(s) who attends the subject at least an average of 3 hours or more per day for 3 or more days per week
- If taking drugs approved for treatment of Alzheimer's disease (e.g. cholinesterase inhibitors, memantine), must be on a stable dose for at least 3 months prior to entry into study and the dose must not change during the study
- Dementia is not due to any condition other than AD.
Eligible study participants:
- May be reimbursed for time and travel
- Will receive all study-related medical care at no cost
- Will be seen by a study doctor
- Will receive investigational study medication or placebo at no cost
- Are not required to have insurance to participate
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please call 541-973-2080 or email us.